Remember these few pointers for a successful Halloween:
- Costumes should be comfortable and loose enough to allow movement without getting tangled.
- Most candy is toxic for animals, so the best approach is to just keep it all away from them.
- Electric cords and candles should be placed safely to avoid tripping on them and causing a fire.
- Keep your cat inside all evening. It's potentially hazardous outside, so just avoid it.
- It's especially hazardous for black cats, so keep them inside for a few days before and after the holiday.
- Be sure your cat is wearing a collar and ID tag just in case he becomes frightened and darts out the door when it is opened for visitors.
Enjoy your Halloween!